Thursday, May 10, 2007

There is a Podcast for Everything

I've become a little addicted to podcasts, so I thought I'd share my top 5 with y'all...

1 - 90 Minutes of Yoga with Wade - a great vinyasa style workout. It could be confusing if you're unfamiliar with some basic yoga poses, but a library book and Wade will whip you into shape in no time.

2- Mars Hill Bible Church - Pastor Rob Bell (and other guest teachers) have some excellent sermons available. I'd definitely listen to We Already Are and Wine and Heaven if you get a chance.

3 - A Prairie Home Companion - Garrison Keillor delivers his weekly news from Lake Wobegon. Awesome.

4 - Grist Environmental News - A weekly update on what's going on...

5 - The Things That Matter Most - A radio show hosted by Lael Arrington and Rick Davis, they have amazing guests from all walks of life and talk about a huge array of things.

I left out the regular news programs because, well, everybody knows about those. Also, for those as hung up on the English language as I am, Grammar Girl has a great weekly podcast where she sets right the wrongs perpetrated daily by marketers and writers everywhere.

So what are you guys listening to?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Our latest discovery is "Themetime Radio Hour" with Bob Dylan, on satellite radio. Once a week, Bob hosts this awesome show -- each week his playlist is based around a theme (e.g. heart, guns, mothers, the Bible). His musical choices are absolutely fantastic, and his commentary between songs has gotten a number of belly laughs out of me.

BTW, I'll try to comment on Ch 1-4 of A Generous Orthodoxy in the next couple of days!

Luz said...

In addition to being a Grammar Girl addict, I listen to the other Mars Hill in Seattle, NPR's All Songs Considered, and my weekly pride and joy, This American Life.