Thursday, May 17, 2007

Blogging Overload

So, I signed up for a facebook account. I mean, everybody's doing it. It's a little overwhelming, actually. I accidentally killed nearly an hour a few days ago just following friends to other friends, and discovered a world that includes messages, walls, photos, and I'm sure much more. So now, there's this blog, xanga, livejournal, facebook; and I actually contemplated joining myspace as well. All in the name of 'keeping in touch'. But how in the world does anyone have time to actually keep up with it all? I sat down this morning to give it a whirl, but quickly got lost in the maze and fled. Closed my laptop and went on hiatus for the day, having developed a headache after a mere 10 minutes, and had a heck of a time even convincing myself to re-open it to post something here for the day. So maybe I'm not the geek I thought I was.

 

In totally unrelated news, Gwen and I discovered that Employee of the Month is as terrible as we suspected it might be. Truly craptastic.

3 comments:

My name is April. said...

yes...you do get lost.
but i have myspace and facebook and i am finding that i collect different friends on each. my facebook account has most of my l'abri friends. my myspace account has most of my youth/school/college friends.
it's overwhelming when you start, but after you get it up and running it doesn't take as much time. i like having them!

Steven said...

You are lucky to be overwhelmed by so many friends. Many things are addictive on the web though. Once you enter second life, you may never come out... muhwahaha... LOL

Jasie said...

I guess I'll give it another chance, and see how it goes. You're right Steven, it's lucky to have so many people to connect to. But the internet is definitely reshaping the art of time wastage....