Thursday, May 24, 2007

Have I Mentioned That I Love This Place?

 Today was my day off, and I was thrilled to wake up and see the sun shining brightly. I made a giant cup of coffee and sat on the balcony for a while, enjoying the view and my little garden while reading a book. Then I took off for a hike, enjoying the solitude of the mountain and  listening to some lectures about Martin Luther. Fascinating fellow. While I was walking,  I gorged myself on the wild strawberries growing everywhere along the path. Right along a ridge, I came upon a chair cut out of an old tree trunk which was too inviting to pass up, so I plopped down for while to eat my lunch  and read for a bit. Phenomenal. I'm always amazed by the beauty of this place, and it's still a little hard for me to believe that I get to live here! I looped around to Villars after a while and met up with Gwen, Ryan and some of the students for a beer on the patio at Hotel du Golf, and then we walked back to Bellevue just in time for dinner. After feasting on leftovers, several of us retired up to my living room to watch 24. That's a really stressful show - we've only got 2 episodes left to get to the finale, and I don't know if I'm sad or relieved that it's almost over. You gotta love Jack.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day!

Love you and miss being there with you!
Mom

GLOwen said...

who wouldnt want to be like jack? im going to name my first child jack squat, jack o' lantern for the second...and maybe jack o' trades for the 3rd...good thing there's nothing growing in this womb right now (no beans or lentils as kay would refer to em)...they might just have to come to labri having to grow up with me..wait, may-be thats not such a bad idea..hmmm(me tapping fingers on my temples, witha little smirk on my face) (wait, is this vin blanc talking again?!)

Jasie said...

Gwen,
I love you, you giant lush. One glass of vino and you're done. Amazing.