Monday, May 28, 2007

Encouragement in the Psalms

1 Blessed is the man
          who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
          or stand in the way of sinners
          or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
          and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
          which yields its fruit in season
          and whose leaf does not wither.
          Whatever he does prospers.

                                                                 Psalm 1:1-3

This morning I read this psalm, and was struck by the words "in season". I've been frustrated a bit lately by the slow pace of change in my life, and the words just sort of jumped off the page at me, offering encouragement. Growth is slow and seasonal. And it's okay. It's blessed, even.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so strange...my inspiration didn't come from the Psalms,but as I was sweeping the sunroom floor about 10 minutes ago,I was having the same thoughts and was filled with such a sense of peace. I quit worrying and was reminded to just enjoy the ride and the company, and see what God unfolds in his own perfect time. What a relief (even temporarily!) to quit borrowing trouble from tomorrow and instead look forward to tomorrow with anticipation and hope. Thanks for taking the time to record your thoughts-it makes me feel connected to you somehow.
Love you and hope you're getting some sleep tonight!
Mom