Saturday, March 17, 2007

Update on Dad

He's still doing well. He's been working at moving his fingers to increase the mobility in his hands, although the swelling has been moving up his arm a bit. The plastic surgeon will be back by to reassess the situation a little later. They did some blood work, and it appears he has some muscle damage, but his heart looks to be okay. He was able to get to the phone again, and seemed more alert than when I talked to him earlier - surprising, as my mom said they had just given him some morphine.  I love that he announced with pride that this is the first time he's ever spent the night in a hospital. No man tougher than Big John. Although I suspect he'll never tangle with a pit viper again...

1 comments:

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Hi Jasie, I am a friend of your Mom & Dad's; we are in Bible Study together each week and also attend TBC. I have met you before while visiting your parents’ home. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know we are praying for YOU, as well as your Dad. I also live far away from my parents and family and am well acquainted with the utter frustration & pain of being away from home when circumstances are such that you want and need to be present for and available to your loved ones. (not only for them...but for your own peace of mind) We have been praying, of course, for your Mom & Dad and brothers... but my heart goes out to you being so far away during a critical time. I've been in your position and it hurts! I hope you are grasping the peace that only God can give. I spoke with your Mom this morning (she gave me your blog address :-) and it sounds like John is doing much better... many miracles are surrounding his ordeal. They are still feeling a pulse in his hand and his blood pressure seems to be good so things are looking up! I will check back to see if you have posted any new info in case I don't connect with your Mom by tomorrow. Hang in there... you are all really being covered in prayer and John has many well wishers behind him!! Your parents are very special to many, many people. (as I'm sure you know :) Blessings, Diane