Friday, March 30, 2007

Thursday in Montreux

I love Thursdays. They are the one day a week that I can do precisely what I want: no more, no less. For the last month or so, what I've wanted is solitude. I've spent time walking my favorite mountain paths when the weather is nice, reading novels, writing like crazy as I attempt to unmuddle my thoughts, and knitting in the evening to movies I love. And, of course, watching the latest episode of 24 with the gang.

But yesterday, I decided to get crazy and leave Huemoz, heading to Montreux to spend the day with the larger portion of Bellevue. We shopped a little, but primarily spent the day on the rocks overlooking the lake, eating, drinking and laughing together. It was so beautiful that I couldn't resist sharing some pictures of it here.

Lac Leman

One of the swans that kept us company all day

Caitlin channeling St. Francis....

 

 

while Tori channels a slightly more inebriated St. Francis

 

 

 

The Gang

 

Jesse and Nate adding their own touches to the rock sculptures

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rock sculptures with a view

 

 

 

 

 

Jason  - gotta love him                                  Tara, Caitlin and I

 

3 comments:

My name is April. said...

That Jason guy looks like a combination of Andrew Brawner and Kevin Quigley. Am I totally off? It seems that every term has it's own character huh?!

Sarah said...

Wow...those pictures remind me of a day very much like that, in that very spot, a few years ago -- Brad, Michael, you, me, a few other people, some baguette, cheese, sardines, and red wine (with no wine opener)!

Jasie said...

April - I'd hesitate to compare Jason to anyone. He's one of the most truly unique people I've ever known. That said, you're not totally off.

Sarah - I miss those days! It's funny to have pictures term to term of the same places with different people. Even when we're doing the same sorts of 'activities', it's always a completely different experience. And never again with the sardines. Ick.