Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It's A Pity Party & You're All Invited!

I'm beginning day 5 of absolute solitude in Bellevue, and the loneliness birds are starting to gather at my window. I wave my hands to shoo them away in frantic bursts of activity, but they seem to keep regrouping. Bummer.

Starting the break, I was so excited for this time to plow through the many books on my To Read list, but as it now stands I keep turning the pages, not able to concentrate and gleaning virtually nothing from the seemingly disconnected words before me. Any tips on reigning my focus in?

Oh, and in an unrelated note, I woke up with an earache and am almost positive that something has burrowed in and laid a nest after falling asleep in a field the other day. Or, maybe I fell asleep with my earbuds in. I'm really hoping it's the latter...

6 comments:

My name is April. said...

Haha, that IS a pitty party. Oh how much I wish I could come and spend this time with you. It would be wonderful!
I've been thinking about your previous post about "the ends reflecting the means". There's a lot to think about in regards to revolution. There's a lot to think about in regards to responsibility and the way we choose to process the things we learn. Anyways, thanks for that post, and maybe I'll have more thoughts on it later.
Love to you! I miss you a lot!

Sarah said...

Bellevue must be strange when it's empty...it's usually such a hive of activity! Wish I could come for a slumber party...we could smoke cigars, eat Villars chocolate and talk about Brian MacLaren. :)

Eden said...

oh, i felt the same way a couple times this month, in new or alone places with less of a schedule to bind me. it will pass in a couple days i'm guessing. maybe this is your chance to really explore the villars party scene with no students attached -- i know you've been longing to do that for a while.

Jasie said...

Wish you ladies could pop in...

Eden, why didn't I think of that? I have been wanting to get to know the cute bartender at Gringos...

Unknown said...

I'm getting there as fast as I can! But I do NOT want to meet the cute bartender at Villars! Hope the days go fast and pleasantly til I get there.

Love you so much and wish you weren't so lonely!
Mom

GLOwen said...

well, tell them loneliness birds sing to you, or as kay might do (and everyone must always abide by what kay does) is sing along with them! deng it, i wish i could be there, or you could be here (we could be watching crimes of the heart right now)its stinkin' warm and nice (well, thats like the weather here, so weather.com does not get used plenty) anyways, we could be hanging out the beach and making ourselves vulnerable to getting fried in the sun! hey, you should hang out with our lady friend at migros, she sounds cool. tell her to take a coffee break/or shaup is more likely. shes a cool gal:)
ps. eden, you know jas has been dreaming about that pole for a while.