Friday, April 20, 2007

Members and Mothers

So, the frenzy of preparing for the members meeting is over and the meetings themselves have begun. We cleaned Bellevue on Monday, members began arriving Tuesday and meetings began Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, my mom arrived for her visit, which has been fantastic. I've been able to take Wednesday and Thursday pretty easy, spending time walking, shopping, and laying in the sun with my momma (gorgeous, gorgeous days right now). Can't complain a bit.

Today begins the move back into 'real life', with the next 4 days full of shopping (the dull kind - groceries) and cooking for everyone. I'm eagerly anticipating the time with Mom in the kitchen, though. This time together is such a treat!

All that to say, the updates will likely be sporadic this week as we continue to test the boundaries of Bellevue's capabilities. Again, if you think of it for the next several days, please do say a prayer for Kay as she manages this circus, for the members who are meeting intensely, and for all of us for energy and grace in hospitality. Thanks!

3 comments:

Luz said...

I had a bizarre dream last night about you hosting a silent dinner, instead of a formal lunch.

Oh, and I also found a pattern to match your original sweater attempt. http://stitchymcyarnpants.com/moks06/?p=240

Anonymous said...

Color me LONESOME, I've been busy with work, but it way to quiet at home.
JEP

big al said...

give kay a big hug for me!