Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Book Club, Anyone?

So, I'm thinking it would be fun to start a book club here on the blog. If you would be interested in doing something like this, please leave a comment on this post. If people are interested, I'll post a poll listing a few titles that may be good (and again, if you have suggestions, please comment here), and whichever book gets the most votes after a week wins the golden banana. Then (probably in May, for the sake of time to get the book & read a chapter) I can post weekly (or bi-weekly, depending on the density of the volume) on a chapter, and we'll take a week to comment/discuss it. No time or place to meet, just a leisurely conversation. Any takers?

8 comments:

MuddyMind said...

I am in. One suggestion would be Simpler Living, Compassionate Life: A Christian Perspective. Just a thought.

My name is April. said...

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know I'm in!
Mom

Sarah said...

Definitely interested. I'm not sure how academic/intellectual you are wanting to be, but a couple of books on my nightstand that I've been meaning to read forever are Traveling Mercies (Anne LaMott) and A Generous Orthodoxy (Brian MacLaren). I have also been wanting to read Beyond Foundationalism (Stanley Grenz & John Franke).

Anonymous said...

an earlier post on your blog got me to buy The Brother's K. I read the first 50 pages while working the Astros game tonight. You could start with that one. Am I the only guy to respond to this?

Jasie said...

I'm so excited! I'll put together a list of books and get it up on Friday...

And Jared, no worries, MuddyMind is also a carrier of the Y chromosome.

Jasie said...

I went ahead and put up a poll on the left bar to vote on a book... hopefully at least one of them will strike everyone's interest. I'll leave it up for a week or so and then we'll start reading...

Anonymous said...

i ended up buying all three on amazon.com. of course i bought from the used books sections. just waiting to see which one we start out with.