Sunday, February 04, 2007

New Socks

I just started knitting my first pair of socks, ever. I decided I really needed a project that didn't require seaming, as I have several completely knit projects - including a cute hoodie - that I would love to wear but that I can't seam to force myself to put together. Knitting needles, I love. Sewing needles, not so much. I also have an aversion to double pointed needles, and have avoided socks and gloves for that reason, but with the discovery of the fabulous book Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordhi, I am now prepared to knit all sorts of tiny tubes without stressing out. Her technique also works well on sleeves - a technique I'm currently using on a new seamless (that's right - knit in a single piece) sweater for Karryn. Hurrah!

Currently Knitting To: Josh Ritter's The Animal Years CD

0 comments: