Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Change is in the Air

For those of you who don't know yet, this is to be my final term at L'Abri. I'll be leaving to head back to the Lone Star State, Houston to be precise, and start working towards grad school. I'm planning to pursue a degree in social work, despite the horror stories I've heard from friends in the field. I'll (hopefully) be attending University of Houston, so that I can remain in the geographical vicinity of my family, which is growing* (my brother Josh recently wed the gorgeous and wonderful Anna), and I don't want to miss any (more) of it.

It will be more than difficult to leave this place that has changed my life so much, but I think, at least for the time being, it's time to bid adieu.

Just wanted to post a brief update about this major development in my life.

 

*Mom - I don't know anything you don't. No grandkids from any of your children are insinuated here... ;)

3 comments:

My name is April. said...

I wish you the very best! I'm so glad to have you blogging again. I've missed our virtual friendship.

Sarah said...

Hey Jasie,
Wow -- this is big news. Bittersweet, to be sure. Jonathan and I were just talking the other night about when we think we'll be able to take a 4-6 week hiatus and come to L'Abri for some study -- probably early next year sometime. In my vision, you were still there and we were hanging out. I guess I'll have to change my vision. :) But, we are road tripping to Texas in Sept/Oct, so...maybe we can rendezvous??

Anonymous said...

Wow that is some big news! That is awesome though that you have a plan. It's also going to be great to be around your family again. Fresh meat all the time :) Good luck and I wish you the best.