Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Quick Update

Sorry that my blogging has been so sporadic of late. This term has kept my days and my mind pretty full, and it's been difficult to keep up with everything. But it's been full of really wonderful things: a fabulous group of students, the discovery of a few new authors and ideas, and whenever I can spare a moment, knitting.

Puppet Making On the l'abri front, a few highlights so far... last Sunday I did my sock puppet theater high tea and this group proved exceedingly creative. I think my favorite was directed by Chris (who also blew us all away last summer), whose team did a spoof of Monty Python and the Holy Grail seeking the grail at l'abri. There was also a version of Romeo and Juliet, a scene from l'abri in which another Gregg did a Greg Laughery impersonation that was just frighteningly dead on, Kay and I following the students to El Gringos (to make sure that the blue (boys) and red (girls) didn't make purple, apparently), and some other ones that are currently escaping my memory. I wish I had more pics and video, but my camera ran out of juice just as we were getting started.

I also did a seminar on The Disciplined Heart, and I think I'll do another one soon. All of the other typical day fillers are going swimmingly - cooking, formal meals, tutorials, prayer meetings, and the rest. I'm really enjoying the girls I get to tutor, and I'm thrilled that they are all here the full term and so we're really getting a chance to know each other.

On A Hike

A goat along the way Days off have been fun, but fairly solitary so far. It's either been crummy weather so I've holed up with a book, or gorgeous weather so I've gone for some pretty amazing hikes. Last week I went to Vevey with Renea to do some shopping and just hang out by the lake, which was super fun. We went to Manor and I practiced my self-control by browsing the yarn section and not buying.

Speaking of yarn, I've also been finishing off lots of half completed items, including a couple of sweaters, a few pairs of socks, and some mitts. Of course, I've also cast on some new projects. A hoodie cardigan for Kay, some more mitts, and the ever-present pair of socks (handy for lectures).

That's a seriously abridged version of life right now, but it will have to do. I've been thinking a ton about spiritual disciplines, especially praying and fasting, and I'm hoping to get some thoughts up here about it soon. I'm going through a period in which my mind is almost too full, if such a thing is possible! It's making it difficult to write anything, as I'm tackling lots of things at the same time and I don't feel as though I've processed much of it to a shareable point. Hopefully soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update. always fun to hear about whats going on up there in the suisse alps. brings back great memories. tell jenny's brother i said hi.

Anonymous said...

hey that cute headed red head is my old roommate!

Sock puppets? Envy.

Unknown said...

Aaah! Thanks,Jasie!
Love you and can't wait to read the results of some of your reading and processing.Hope this day goes swimmingly for you!

All my love,
Mom

GLOwen said...

um, i think my socks is still not done...
and im jealous about the chagall museum trip to martigny. i cant believe i missed it!
wanna run for a gelato? im craving it right now!