Friday, September 21, 2007

The First Mitt is Complete!

The Fiddler Today we took a little field trip to the Gianadda gallery in Martigny to see the Chagall exhibit, which was absolutely fantastic. The Fiddler on the left was apparently the inspiration for Fiddler on the Roof. Who knew?

After we toured the gallery and the sculpture garden, we walked across to the old Roman amphitheatre for lunch, where Vincent and Carla entertained us with sticks (see below), and then several of the girls did a little gymnastics expo.

The Battle is On Sweet Death

Palm SideWhile that was taking place in the arena, I chatted with some of the girls in the stands and finished up the first of my new pair of Endpaper Mitts. It's difficult to see the colorwork here (check out Eunny's site for a better view of the detail), but I'm very excited about them...

Hurrah!

6 comments:

Bethany Nash said...

Those are awesome. I want to make some!

Anonymous said...

I want a pair.
JEP

Unknown said...

What a fun day-it brings back good memories. Love the mitts, and also the picture of you. Miss you tons!
Mom

Reggie Smith said...

Ummm...Jasie, let me just remind you that it wasn't just girls putting on a gymnastics expo. I think that most of the people present would agree that I did cartwheels just as well, if not better, than every girl there.

Jasie said...

You're right, Chris. You definitely outgirl every girl here... ;)

reneamac said...

Wow! What great pictures of you and your first fingerless mitten! I wonder who was the genius photographer, I wonder!? :)