Monday, June 11, 2007

Sock Puppet Theater

Making the Puppets I had my high tea last night, and for the activity I decided to host an evening of sock puppet theater. We all split into four teams, and each team had to come up with story idea, which we then swapped around so you had to do someone else's story. After about half an hour of creating puppets and putting together scripts, they performed them. They were amazing... the stories were varied: Francis and Edith Schaeffer's courtship, something about hippie kids and a guy named Gestapo (still not sure what was going on there...), aV's Puppet re-enactment of a night out at El Gringo's (a local dance club) by the workers, and my favorite, a quest by the group Frodo and the Fellowships to take down the evil James Blunt. I've got the video of this one below... you can see the other ones on youtube if you are interested. Oh, and the award for best puppet design has to go to Chad, who created this version of Gregg V, complete with cigarette, sunglasses and a fly fishing rod.

5 comments:

Luz said...

The video link isn't working! Boo!

Sarah said...

I heart sock puppets! I actually have a dream of starting a Build-Your-Own Sock Puppet shop someday.

Eden said...

jase- i couldn't find any other videos on YouTube. i'm gonna have to say that quality has gone up, over the years.

Jasie said...

I just looked on youtube, and one of the videos is still processing. I'll put the links on the post as soon as they are available... oops!

Unknown said...

How fun! But could you knock that cigarette out of Greg V's mouth?

Love you much! Mom