Monday, March 27, 2006

The last couple of weeks have been wonderfully crazy. Michael Shivers and his wife, Laurie, came to visit and we've had a ball catching up. We all went to Le Soleil one evening to play pool, and they came up for fondue another night. I've loved hearing his loud laugh as I walk downstairs on occasion... it's good to reminisce a little, especially with him, as he was the very first person I met here way back in 2003. Funny how things change, who would have guessed? Today Frankie arrived, and Daniella and Juanita are stopping in at the end of the week, and it's a blast to see all these familiar faces.

With Spring springing forth, outdoor activities are on the rise, and it feels so good to stretch out and run around again now that the ice has thawed. On Sunday I took a long walk down Panex and took lots of pictures, several of which are posted below. I love walking along and seeing the crocuses and other wildflowers beginning to poke their heads up, and then rounding a bend and seeing a snow covered field spread before me. Yesterday was so unbelievably warm that 9 of us bared down to shorts and t-shirts and played a game of soccer on the volleyball court. It was my very first time to play, and I can't wait to do it again. We played 3 on 3 with a team rotation at each goal, but even with the rests every once and a while, it was exhausting. Anna, Tobias and I put up a good fight, but I think the day ultimately went to Danny, Patrick and Thomas with Adrienne, Dan and Eden posting a close second. Afterwards, we ladies left the boys and headed up to the targets to enjoy the last vestiges of the sun, toasting the day with a cold beer. What a terrific day.

0 comments: