Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Storms - Part 1

Beautful Storms

After hours of sunshine and volleyball yesterday, Renea and I headed back to the chalet to relax and do our Sunday ritual, during which I knit while she reads to me from the second of the Ender books. (I know, I am spoiled) We had the door flung open in my living room to allow in a breeze, when suddenly our noses detected rain in the air, the skies Water Potclouded over, and torrential rain began pouring down. Shortly thereafter, due to a little roof condition in Bellevue, it also begThe Buffetan raining in my living room.   Here are a couple of pictures of a a bowl rapidly filling next to an electrical outlet (thank goodness my laptop was spared! It was still plugged in when the deluge began!) and the worn buffet that is sort of impossible to protect because of the angle of the mirror, so I make due with lots of bowls and towels. I couldn't believe how heavily it came down!

Ade and ReneaShortly after the rain started and the bowls were strategically placed, our reading was interrupted again as the sounds of the storm grew louder - it had turned to giant chunks of hail that Some Poor Schmuckpersisted for nearly an hour. Everything was covered with a layer of white.   Happily, we were inside - unlike this poor schmuck (-->) and Adrienne, who was up past La Truche when it started and by the time she made it down to rejoin us was soaking wet.

And then we ate crepes. MmmmmCrepes.

Hail in the Trees

 

2 comments:

reneamac said...

good times

GLOwen said...

i think the little schmuck is lawrence...of course it would be, who does things like that if not for the little guy.